You can now renew most items up to 5 times at The Library. Here are 6 different ways to renew…
1. Renew online at dcls.org
- Log in to My Account with your library card number and PIN
- Go to Items Currently Checked Out and select the titles you wish to renew then click Renew Marked. Click Yes to verify that you wish to proceed.
2. Call 1-877-709-2690 for our 24/7 automated account line
- Have your library card number and the barcodes of the items you wish to renew available
3. Email a Librarian
- Go to the Problems with My Account page.
- List the name and barcode of the items you’d like to renew
4. Text a Librarian
- Type email@example.com into the messaging app on your phone
- Give us your library card number and list the name and barcode of the items you’d like to renew
5. Text Notifications
- Log in to my account and opt in to Text by going to the "Edit Account" page
- After receiving a text reminder that items may be due soon, respond by typing RENEW to renew eligible items.
- Please note: Renewing by text will renew all eligible items regardless of their due date and may expend your 5 renewals on an item more quickly.
6. Call The Library
- Please have your library card number ready so we can renew your items while you’re on the line
- We’re always happy to hear from you!
Of course, you can always visit any of our 8 library locations throughout Dauphin County, too.
DCLS Library materials can be renewed up to 5 times, unless requested by another patron. Bestseller Express are non-renewable. District and Interlibrary Loans renewals are dependent upon the lending library.
Many items borrowed from The Library are eligible for Auto Renewal. Items that did not auto renew may be renewable later using any of the renewal methods above.
All materials can be returned to any DCLS library regardless of where the item was originally checked out. Book returns are conveniently located at all of our eight libraries, including outdoor book drops for after-hours returns.