Becoming a Volunteer
Volunteering is a simple process.
Follow the checklist and submit all items
- In person at any Dauphin County Library System Library
- Email to email@example.com
- Mail to Brenda Fernsler, Volunteer Coordinator, 4501 Ethel St., Harrisburg, PA 17109
- Did you complete and submit the Volunteer Application?
- Are you age 18 or older?
- If no, then go to next check box.
- If yes, then you are required to submit clearances.
- Get a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History clearance dated within the past 5 years. Volunteers can obtain a free Child Abuse History clearance by visiting this link http://www.keepkidssafe.pa.gov/resources/clearances/index.htm
- Get a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Clearance dated within the past 5 years. Volunteers can obtain a free Criminal History clearance by visiting this link https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- If you have not lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 consecutive years, you need to get a fingerprint clearance. Volunteers can obtain the clearance for $22.60 by visiting this link to register for the clearance.
- Are you required community service through Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD)?
- If no, then you need to submit the volunteer application.and clearances as required.
- If yes, then submit the court document that states the offense, volunteer application and clearances as required.