An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have been asked to submit an online application for an unlisted position – please click here and be sure to specify the position for which you are applying.
DAUPHIN COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Youth Services Assistant
The Dauphin County Library System is seeking a part-time Youth Services Assistant. This position provides public services focusing on youth and families in our libraries. The successful candidate will also deliver programming both in libraries and at outreach settings.
- Associate's degree in education; or minimum of 2 years of experience in child care or education setting; or 2 years of experience in the formal educational system.
- One year experience working with children.
- 2 years of active experience using MS Office Suite or equiv. and searching the Internet in a Windows environment.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, to reach and bend to place books on shelves, to kneel and sit on the floor during programs.
- Valid driver’s license.
Rate of Pay
The starting rate is $11.44 per hour.
This position includes hours at the Johnson Memorial Library on Mondays and Tuesdays 3:30 PM-7:30 PM and Thursdays 2:30 PM -6:30 PM.
On Fridays at Northern Dauphin Library the hours are 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
Every third Saturday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM at Elizabethville Area Library.
Public Services Director
If you have a passion and requisite skills to inspire and engage people of all ages and from diverse backgrounds to read and learn, as well as to enhance their lives, the Dauphin County Library System wants you to be our Public Services Director. The Library needs a motivated and proven leader to be part of a collaboration among senior management, staff, trustees and volunteers to deliver exceptional library user experiences and expand access to library resources by forging partnerships with community organizations, educational institutions and local government representatives. This mission-driven career opportunity is for an enthusiastic individual with transformative vision, as well as boots on the ground abilities to create, organize, prioritize, administer, and evaluate.
• Master’s degree required
• Five years of supervisory experience
• Public library experience
• Demonstrated success in project management
• Excellent customer service and communications skills
• Requires independent transportation for travel to libraries, programs, and outreach locations
• Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
Qualified candidates should complete The Library’s application and attach a resume at https://www.dcls.org/application
Rate of Pay
$63,000 - $66,000 annual yearly salary
The Public Services Director is a Full Time exempt position.
Public Services Assistant
Dauphin County Library System is seeking a part time public services assistant at William H. & Marion C. Alexander Family Library. The public services assistant performs customer services, uses computer software for circulation of materials, and offers basic reference service. Interacts courteously with the public in person and by telephone; opens or closes the building.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Training or experience with computer keyboarding and basic office software.
- One year experience dealing with the public.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted to place materials on high and low shelves.
- Ability to reach and bend to place books on shelves, kneeling and sitting on the floor during tasks.
Rate of Pay
$9.55 per hour
Part Time Position at William H. & Marion C. Alexander Family Library has the schedule of:
Mondays & Tuesdays 12:15 pm - 4:15 pm and Fridays 12:15 pm - 6:15 pm
Dauphin County Library System is seeking a part-time Driver to operate a library owned vehicle for the transportation of library materials. Primary responsibilities include the deliver over a specific route at designated stops according to a predetermined time schedule. The successful candidate will accurately handle and sort various library materials to assure prompt delivery of materials.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-year experience
Rate of Pay
The starting rate is $9.55/hr.
Requires: Current and valid driver’s license and three years driving experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
This position will be 22.5 hours per week, Tuesday and Thursday and every other Monday. The hours are 7:00 or 7:30 am – 3:30 or 4:00 pm.
Summer Outreach Assistant
Dauphin County Library System is seeking a part-time Summer Outreach Assistants to support our outreach program. Primary responsibilities: Implements pre-designed programs at outreach visits, programs and events, and occasionally at library locations throughout Dauphin County; promotes The Library’s summer reading club and other library services and resources.
- Associate’s Degree in education
- or minimum of 2 years of experience in child care or education setting
- or 2 years of experiences in the formal educational system Plus 1 year working with children
- Experience using MS Office Suite or equivalent and searching the internet in a Windows environment.
Rate of Pay
The starting rate is $12.12/hr.
Independent transportation to various libraries and community locations daily, professional customer service and communication skills, ability to move library materials within and between locations, ability to retrieve and place books on shelves, sufficient mobility to perform programming for children.
This position will be 24 hours per week, generally Tuesday through Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Includes occasional evening or weekend shifts, scheduled in advance.
Start date: June 2018
End date: August 2018
Volunteer Opportunities at The Library
Ask for a volunteer application when you check out your books!
Whether you're looking for a new career, a second job, or just need help with your resume The Library's Job Help Center is a great place to start. Our goal is to provide you with the resources you need to prepare for an interview and find a job. Click Here >>