An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have been asked to submit an online application for an unlisted position – please click here and be sure to specify the position for which you are applying.
DAUPHIN COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Dauphin County Library System is seeking a part time page at the East Shore Area Library to empty book drops, check in materials using the circulation system, return library materials to the shelves or display units and maintain order of materials on shelves and display units. The page also assists patrons with the use of library equipment.
- Basic computer keyboarding skills and completion of eighth grade are required.
- If under age 18, a work permit is required.
- The successful candidate will be able to lift 30 pounds and reach and bend to place materials on shelves, as well as, kneeling and sitting on the floor during programs.
Rate of Pay
The starting rate is $7.60/hr.
This position has the schedule of Wednesday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Thursday 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Saturday 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Summer Outreach Assistant
Dauphin County Library System is seeking a part-time Summer Outreach Assistant to support our outreach program. Primary responsibilities: Implements pre-designed programs at outreach visits, programs and events, and occasionally at library locations throughout Dauphin County; promotes The Library’s summer reading club and other library services and resources.
- Associate’s Degree in education
- or minimum of 2 years of experience in child care or education setting
- or 2 years of experiences in the formal educational system Plus 1 year working with children
- Experience using MS Office Suite or equivalent and searching the internet in a Windows environment.
Rate of Pay
The starting rate is $12.12 per hour
Independent transportation to various libraries and community locations daily, professional customer service and communication skills, ability to move library materials within and between locations, ability to retrieve and place books on shelves, sufficient mobility to perform programming for children.
Start date: June 10, 2019
End date: August 2019
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Public Services Assistant
Dauphin County Library System is seeking full time and part-time public services assistants. The full-time position is at East Shore Area Library. The part-time position is available at Kline Library. This customer service focused position is the face of The Library, providing exceptional customer service to meet the needs of the community. This position uses library software to manage the circulation of materials, assists in location of materials, and assists answering basic reference or computer related questions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Training or experience with computer keyboarding and basic office software.
- One-year experience dealing with the public.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted to place materials on high and low shelves.
- Ability to reach and bend to place books on shelves, kneeling and sitting on the floor during tasks.
Rate of Pay
$9.55 per hour
Full-Time Position at East Shore Area Library has the schedule of:
Week 1: Monday 1:00 PM – 9:15 PM, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM, Friday 9:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Week 2: Monday 1:00 PM – 9:15 PM, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Week 3: Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:15 PM, Monday 1:00 PM – 9:15 PM, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Part-Time Position at Kline Library has the schedule of:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:00 PM – 8:20 PM
Volunteer Opportunities at The Library
Ask for a volunteer application when you check out your books!
Whether you're looking for a new career, a second job, or just need help with your resume The Library's Job Help Center is a great place to start. Our goal is to provide you with the resources you need to prepare for an interview and find a job. Click Here >>