An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have been asked to submit an online application for an unlisted position – please click here and be sure to specify the position for which you are applying.
DAUPHIN COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Youth Services Assistant
The Dauphin County Library System is seeking two part-time Youth Services Assistants. These positions provide public services focusing on youth and families in our libraries. The successful candidates will also deliver programming both in libraries and at outreach settings.
Qualified candidates should complete our application and email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes are required.
- Associate's degree in education; or minimum of 2 years of experience in child care or education setting; or 2 years of experience in the formal educational system.
- One year experience working with children.
- 2 years of active experience using MS Office Suite or equiv. and searching the Internet in a Windows environment.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, to reach and bend to place books on shelves, to kneel and sit on the floor during programs
- Valid driver’s license.
Rate of Pay
The starting rate is $11.44 per hour.
Position 1 includes hours at the Elizabethville Area Library (EV) and the Northern Dauphin Library (ND).
Position 1 Schedule
Tuesdays 3:00 PM-7:00 PM at EV
Wednesdays 9:30 AM-1:30 PM at EV
Fridays 9:30 AM-1:30 PM (ND)
Every other Saturday 10:00 AM-2:00 PM at EV.
Position 2 includes hours at the Johnson Memorial Library (JOH) and Elizabethville Area Library (EV).
Position 2 Schedule
- Mondays 3:00 PM-7:00 PM at JOH
- Tuesdays 3:30 PM-7:30 PM at JOH
- Thursdays 2:30 PM-6:30 PM at JOH
- Every other Saturday 10:00 AM-2 PM at EV.
Volunteer Opportunities at The Library
Ask for a volunteer application when you check out your books!
Whether you're looking for a new career, a second job, or just need help with your resume The Library's Job Help Center is a great place to start. Our goal is to provide you with the resources you need to prepare for an interview and find a job. Click Here >>