Library Account Login
Enter your email and password below to access dcls.org advanced features. Passwords are case sensitive.
Kids | Teens | Research | Services | Events & Programs | About The Library | Support | Locations
You will need to register and log in to The Library website to take part in some of our advanced features. This registration needs to be done only once, takes only a minute, and is completely free. Log into The Library site with your email address and password each time you visit in order to take part in these special user-only features. For example, logged-in users will be able to post book reviews on the book review forum and converse with other members. Additional features will be coming soon, and many will require site registration/login for participation.
NOTE: Site registration is not required in order to register for programs and events. Program and event registration is separate, and will be further described in information pertaining to that specific event.
1. Click the "Register" link at the top right of this or any DCLS.org page (above the colorful navigation squares) or click here.
2. Fill in your first and last name, choose a secret password of your selection, choose a display name (alias) that other site visitors will see when viewing your posts, and provide your email address. This email address will be used each time you log in and will be used in case you need to reset/remember a lost password, so be sure it is correct. Note that passwords are case sensitive.
NOTE: When choosing a "display name," please use good judgement and practice safety online. Using your library card number, social security number, full name, physical address, or email address as the "display name" opens your information to the whole world. We value transparency and open communication, but wish for our users' privacy and safety to be respected as well. Please note that all submitted information and use of The Library website is subject to The Library policies. The Library will not share your personal information with anyone. Only your display name will be public when posting.
1. Click the "Login" link at the top of this or any DCLS.org webpage.
2. A pop-up box will appear above the greyed-out website. Enter the email address you registered with and your secret password. Click the "login" button. Passwords are case sensitive. Email addresses need to be properly formatted in the "email@example.com" format.
3. You are logged in when you see your name and welcome message at the top of the site. You can now navigate the site as usual and access any member-only features.
1. If you have forgotten your DCLS Website password, you can easily retrieve it. You can start by clicking either the "register" button at the top of the DCLS website, clicking the "forgotten password" link from the login pop-up box, or click here.
2. Fill in the form on the right side of the registration page. Input your email address in the box and click "Reset Password." Please remember to use the email address that you used when you signed up for the DCLS website.
3. A new, reset password will immediately be emailed to you. If you do not receive the email shortly after you click "Reset Password," please check that you have "DCLSWebsite@dcls.org" or the dcls.org domain as "available senders" with your email client, or that it hasn't mistakenly been sent to your "Junk" email box. Open the email from DCLSWebsite@dcls.org subject line "Password Reset." The body text will look something like 'Your password has been reset to 'XXXXXXX.'" Either remember or copy the password from the email.
4. Login using the new, reset password.You are now ready to use the site and all its functions as a membership user. To change your password to something more memorable, follow the "Editing Your Information" instructions below.
1. You can change the information you provided at registration anytime; this includes your name, display name, email address, and password. You must be logged into the website to make these changes (see instructions above).
2.Click the "My Profile" link at the top of the DCLS website in the login bar.
3. Click "Edit Profile" underneath the avatar (graphic, picture).
4. A pop-up box will appear. You can change any of the information you provided at registration. Be sure to type the password that you would like to use in the password field, even if you do not wish to change it. Click save. Your information has now been edited.
We can answer your questions. One of our friendly librarians can assist you.
Text us: askalibrarian@DCLS.org | (How?)Call us: 717.652.9380
Parents & Educators
eBooks & eAudiobooks
Get a Library Card
Support the Library
About the Library
Make a Donation
Memorial / Honor Program
Encourage Future Readers
Partners at the Library
Questions about Donating
Get a Card
Fines & Fees
Board of Trustees
Locations & Hours
Key Staff Members
Report a Problem
Suggest Library Event
Suggest a Purchase
ASK A LIBRARIAN
Ask Here PA 24/7 Answers
Connect on Social Media