DCLS Fines and Fees
- $2 for entertainment DVDs 7 day loan, $1 for each 7 day renewal.
- Educational DVDs can be checked out for FREE for 21 days.
Internet and Computer Printout Fees
- 20¢ per black and white page.
- 50¢ per color page.
- Adult, juvenile, and District items: 25¢ a day.
- DVD, CD-ROM, Interlibrary Loan: $1.50 a day.
- Open for Discovery Bags: 25¢ per item per day
- Maximum fine per item: $20 or 90% of cost, whichever is less.
- If more than $5 is owed, borrowing privileges are suspended.
- A bill for lost items is sent to patrons when library items are 60 days overdue. Also, borrowers who owe more than $3 in fines receive a notice for the amount. *If we can‘t reach a patron by phone after the 3 day calling period, they will receive a print notice by default.
- The library system refers past due accounts with fines and fees of $45 or above to a collection agency. Books and media are expensive and unreturned materials are a loss to the entire community.
Item Fees for Damaged or Lost Materials
- Borrowers are responsible for the replacement cost of lost or damaged library materials.
- A processing fee of up to $11 will be added for each lost item.
- A cost of up to $8 will be charged for missing pieces from sets or kits..
DCLS covers basic fees for ILL materials. If a lending library assesses extra fees, those fees will be passed along to the patron.
There will be a $.50 per item charge for those items not picked up by last day available. Requests can be canceled either by logging into your library account or by calling the library where you wished to pick-up the item.
Internet Visitor Pass
- $2 per hour for non-library cardholders