Book Junkies Online Book Club header

You will need to register on the DCLS website and log in to your DCLS website account in order to participate in the forums. More information on the login and registration procedure can be found in the Website Registration/Login Help Document. Check the upper right corner of your screen to register or log in now!

Select the reading club based on the age range of the book you are reviewing. Click the "New Topic" (red button, above the gray box) button to add a new book review. Or, as you are reading a post from another commenter, you can click "Add Reply" to comment on what they have written.

For more information on using the forum, please click here.

RSS Feed Print
Bared to You -- Sylvia Day
KHall
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:19 PM

Christian Grey move over, Gideon Cross might give you a run for your money!

I could not put this book down all weekend! I had read reviews and comparisons of the Crossfire series with the 50 Shades series, so as a fan of the later, I decided to check out Day's work.I am so glad I did. It is light, intriguing. To me, the best part of this story is not the "adult relationship", but the characters. Eva and Gideon are real and honest, more so than Christian and Ana. Despite the money and power that puts them in a different world than most people, they're just young adults working hard at their jobs, have friends and fun, and fall for each other. Their histories are messy and they fight, but who doesn't come with baggage? I think the young, passionate love angle is something that will resonate with many readers.

So now I'm midway through book two after starting Bared on Saturday. I'll reserve my 50-Cross comparison until I'm finished with the Crossfire trilogy in its entirety. Any other fans of 50 Shades or Crossfire? Which did you prefer and why? And my final question -- is it May yet? I'm already waiting for the last book!

WEBSITE LOGIN  

Enter your email and password below to access dcls.org advanced features. Passwords are case sensitive.

•  
  •  

Forgotten password? New Users? REGISTER NOW! Login help Access your Library account. Download eBooks.
WEBSITE SEARCH